Shop Plus Size Tops | Plus Size Cotton Sateen Classic Blouse - Notes
Finally, a plus-size blouse for women in natural fibres and colourful prints. Express your amazing personality every time you get dressed.
The 100% cotton sateen Classic Blouse has the following plus size-friendly and life-practical features:
- Upper arms covered to the elbow.
- Tummy skimming design doesn’t highlight rolls or hips (a great style on a small bust)
- Generous middle coverage (you know that bit between bust and belly)
- Long enough to give you the confidence to stretch, but not so much that it's 'sack-like'
- Sizing that doesn't assume every plus-size woman has an hourglass figure.
- Average-height friendly. Looks good on, even if you're not 5'9'
- Machine wash and wear
NB. Our model is wearing her Classic Blouse teamed with our Work Pants for Curvy Bums.
At Chasing Springtime we’re challenging the status quo. We don’t design for size 10 and just make everything bigger (this is pretty much the industry standard).
Please note: this fabric has been digitally printed.
Digital printing is a recent technology making it possible for up and coming textile designers & artists to replicate their work in smaller batches and on natural fibres, affordably.
The gentler you are with the care of this fabric the more vibrant the colour will remain.
Gentle care includes hand washing (or use hand wash cycle on machine) in cold water with mild detergent; line drying in the shade (turn your garment inside out); and ironing on the reverse side. To reduce the need to iron any garment, hang it on a soft coat hanger on the line to dry.
We measured the finished (and washed) garments to make our size charts. We don’t just measure our patterns and hope for the best.
Every garment style has its own size chart. There is a link in the main product description. The size chart also includes pics of other women wearing our products and their measurements and size choices.
What part of my body should I be measuring?
See our how-to advice in the FAQ section. How do I Get the Best Fit?
What about Shrinkage?
It’s so disappointing when a new garment shrinks after its first wash.
That’s why we go the extra step. All garments are washed, dried and pressed after they're made. What you try on the first time, is the same size it will be after a wash.
What if it doesn’t fit or I need to return it?
You may qualify for a free or discounted return - see our Returns and Exchanges Policy for more info.
How to care for your Chasing Springtime clothes
- Turn your garment inside out
- Machine wash in cold water on delicates settings
- Depending on the colour of your garment and the dyes used it might be best to wash it on its own, or with like colours for the first couple of washes
- Use a low revolution setting on your washing machine to save electricity and reduce wrinkles
- Line dry in shade (hang your blouse or dress on a padded hanger to reduce creasing).
- Ironing is completely optional - if you want to iron your clothes please iron them inside out for the best results
Want your garments to last as long as possible? Check out our care instructions How do I Care for my Chasing Springtime Garment? We explain a bit more about WHY we recommend these care instructions.
And ALWAYS follow the care instructions sewn into your garment.