Why are so many plus sized clothes horrible?
Have you ever purchased curvy clothes thinking ‘well it fits and it's not too awful? Or looked at plus size clothes when shopping, and thought ‘what were they thinking!’? Me too! That’s why I started designing plus size fashion.
We all want outfits that reflect our personality and make us feel great, right? It doesn’t matter if we wear a size 14 or 24 - we should be able to choose clothes that don’t suck!
Regular looking clothes in plus sizes
I kept seeing great clothes by independent designers and small Australian labels but none of them ever fitted me! I just wanted to dress like my friends, but with a few changes, like:
- tops long enough to cover my belly, but not so long they cover my legs
- short sleeves to cover my upper arms (ahem, bingo wings)
- necklines that don’t slip off my shoulders
- tees that don’t rely on boobs bigger than your belly to sit well
- no belts, ruffles or large prints in awkward positions
- fabrics that don’t cling or need rearranging every time I stand up
And that’s what we’re all about here at Chasing Springtime. We produce:
- plus size work clothes that are professional and stylish
- indie prints and colourful fabric designs specially cut for curvy bodies
- elegant blouses and colourful tops in natural fibres, like cotton and linen
- tops with sleeves that cover your upper arm
- comfortable pants designed to fit different body shapes
About the designer
Hi, I'm Belinda. My boobs aren’t big enough to stop tops catching on my tummy. I'm average height, and I had to buy pants to fit my hips/thighs that were then too big around my waist.
I like sleeves to my elbows, pants with pockets, and tops that don't slip off my shoulders. Sometimes I wear black but I love colour too. And I’m inspired by iconic Australian brands like Gorman and Elk.
I don't usually introduce myself this way - but these are just a few of the reasons I’m passionate about providing plus size clothing choice for women.
Also, I love coffee, struggle to keep indoor plants alive and have a masters degree in sustainability.
Hesitant about shopping for clothes online?
We’ll help you get the right fit. Each style and size has been measured. Not the pattern - the garment, after it was washed and pre-shrunk for you.
We have a size chart for EVERY style we make. Browse our range then click on Size Guide for the product you like. You'll see measurements, ease and the sizes other customers have selected in that style.
We don’t do generic size charts - and we don’t stop at bust, waist and hip measurements. We include tummys, thighs, biceps and more!
You may be eligible for free postage and exchange: Returns and Exchanges Policy